Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Murder & Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction by Amy Metz Interview


murder and mayhem goose pimple junction  large banner640

Murder & Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction
by Amy Metz

I always enjoy a well written cozy mystery, and Murder & Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction fits this criteria! Amy Metz is a good storyteller with a good writing style. I like the small town setting of Goose Pimple Junction. Each chapter begins with a quaint Southern saying which are cutesy and interesting.
~Mysteries Etc.
I really loved this book, I have read a lot of Cozy Mysteries, this is one of my favorites. It’s funny, well written, and will hook your right from the beginning with charming characters and a sweet little southern town.
~Tea and A Book
I think this mystery would make a great pick for book clubs. I can see people jumping out of their chairs, pointing fingers, maybe walking out or some people laughing so hard they start crying. It would definitely make a hot topic.
~A Cup of Tea, A Friend and a Book
I liked how the author portrayed a current day mystery and mixed it with a mystery from the 1930’s. I thought that was interesting and I really like how the author did that in this book. It created a depth and a thread of a storyline that I was eager to read on to figure out.
~Girl Lost in a Book
GPJ1CoverMurder & Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction
Paperback: 252 pages
Publisher: Blue Publications; 2 edition (September 7, 2014)
ISBN-13: 978-0989714020
E-Book File Size: 563 KB
ASIN: B00NE1H8FW
goodreads-badge-add-plus

When Tess Tremaine starts a new life in the colorful town of Goose Pimple Junction, curiosity leads her to look into a seventy-five-year-old murder. Suddenly she’s learning the foreign language of southern speak, resisting her attraction to local celebrity Jackson Wright, and dealing with more mayhem than she can handle.
A bank robbery, murder, and family tragedy from the 1930s are pieces of the mystery that Tess attempts to solve. As she gets close to the truth, she encounters danger, mystery, a lot of southern charm, and a new temptation for which she’s not sure she’s ready.
AmyMetz
About This Author
Amy Metz is a former first grade teacher and the mother of two grown sons. When not actively engaged in writing, enjoying her family, or surfing Facebook or Pinterest, Amy can usually be found with a mixing spoon, camera, or book in one hand and a glass of sweet tea in the other. Amy lives in Louisville, Kentucky.




Interview

Where are you from?
I live in Louisville, Kentucky. I’ve lived in a few different cities but always in Kentucky.

Tell us your latest news?
I’ve just re-published my first book, Murder & Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction, and I’m getting ready to release the second book in the series, Heroes & Hooligans in Goose Pimple Junction.

When and why did you begin writing?
 I started writing as therapy when I became a caretaker for my mother who had just been diagnosed with dementia. But halfway into the memoir, I began writing a humorous southern mystery as an escape from real life. I found I really like living in imaginary worlds and talking to imaginary people, so that’s what I do most days now. And nights.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I probably considered myself as a writer after I finished my first book and realized how much I liked writing and that other people actually read and liked my work. I think I considered myself an author when I got an email from a reader thanking me for writing the book because it got her through a very tough night in the hospital while she was waiting with her sick husband.

What inspired you to write your first book?
As I said, my mother was diagnosed with dementia and I became her caretaker. It was not easy being the caretaker of a fiercely independent person who liked to be in control. So many awful things (and some funny as well) began happening that I started to write about it as therapy (it was either that or take up drinking). But living it and writing about it was depressing, so I started writing another book at the same time, as an escape.

Do you have a specific writing style?
Not that I’m aware of. I like to mix humor with suspense, but I don’t know if that’s a style. I will probably always write books set in the South.

How did you come up with the title?
I love to laugh, and I knew I wanted my murder mystery to be humorous. There’s nothing humorous about murder or killers, so I made the town and the characters funny. The name Goose Pimple Junction had stuck with me since 1985 when I visited a relative and she told me about a nearby town named Goose Pimple Junction. It seemed right for the name of my fictional town. The whackiness of the name perfectly captured the community in my head.
Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Not really. My books are for pure enjoyment and escapism.

What would you like my readers to know?
That I’m a really nice person and would love for them to buy a copy of my book! Seriously, I am incredibly honored to have people spend time and money on my work. I would love to start posting pictures of people reading or holding my book(s). If anyone would like to send a picture to me, I would love it. Send to: amy@amymetz.com. As long as it’s decent, I promise to post it on my website!
Author Links
Purchase Links
Amazon B&N

1 comment: