Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Wanderamid's Crystal Ball by I V Phillips Interview



Young Adult Fantasy
Date Published: June 2012

   
     A devious young girl, Devilea, tricks Emera, the powerful witch of Wanderamid, stealing her crystal ball and sending her through to another dimension. For the past three years, Emera has been living as Ms. Biddock, the principal of Whilom Elementary.
      On the last day of school, Emera crosses paths with Rena Winterton, a student who, soon after, discovers her hidden identity. To prevent Rena from revealing her long kept secret, Emera recites an incantation that will send Rena away to retrieve the clear stone she believes can bring her  home, Wanderamid's Crystal Ball. However, when the chosen spell emerges, Emera is 
surprised to see Rena already has it in her possession! She attempts to stop the spell, but her powers fail. It's too late! The summoning has begun and for Rena, an unexpected journey begins.
      An electrifying force directs her through a portal, leading to future encounters, as she ventures into an unfamiliar world. In this world between many, curses, revenge and magic delay Rena's search for her intended destination, the entryway back to her home town, Whilom.

YouTube Video




Virtual Book Tour - April 26 - May 9



I.V. Phillips

Irene V. Phillips is the author of Wanderamid's Crystal Ball. Her fascination with magic, dreams and paranormal beliefs transpires throughout the Young adult fantasy novel.
Born and raised in New Jersey, she currently resides in Florida with her teenage son.

Author Interview


When and why did you begin writing?
I began writing poems in my early teenage years, drew a lot, and played some guitar. I enjoy writing lyrics as well. I was able to express myself better through writing.




What inspired you to write your first book?
I've had many obstacles in my life that were, at times, overwhelming. Writing this novel allowed me to escape to another place. Once I started to write Wanderamid's Crystal Ball, I could not stop.



Is there a message you want your readers to grasp?
Yes. Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Anything is possible.




Can you share a little of your upcoming projects with us?
I'm currently working on the sequel to Wanderamid's Crystal Ball.



Did you learn anything from writing any of your books?
Yes, I did. I found that the easiest part was writing the story first. Then, after I've read all that I have written, that's when all the necessary changes begin. I'll read chapter to chapter, beginning to end, until it's just right for the readers to understand and experience what I had imagined.





Are there any new authors who you have become a fan of? What about established authors?
I've read new authors, Diane Rapp, Susan Waterwyk, and Trudy Silverheels books and have enjoyed their writing.

I have always been a fan of Danielle Steel novels.





No comments:

Post a Comment