Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Herb Smith - The Eggstone Murders - Review

Herb Smith - The Eggstone Murders - 

















Date Published: 7/2013

A thick-headed sheriff, a young, unsure, wannabe detective, and a savvy older 
criminal-turned-investigator, are only the beginning of the cast of characters included 
in this story of small-town life in southwestern Iowa, set in 1952.

Enjoy the storms, the intrigues and the mid-western hospitality – including the wonderful food –
of Hillville, Iowa as its down-to-earth folks work their way through the dailyness of their quiet
lives.  There are the murders, of course, which cause dismay, but the con-man turned detective,
Guy, is able to resolve them after a few bumps, and the guilty are punished – or, as is sometimes Guy’s choice, forgiven.

As a whole, it’s a pleasant outing on an Iowa summer’s day.


Herb Smith




Facebook: Herbert L Smith






BUY LINKS


My Review:
There were definitely twists in this book, and even though it was on the long side, I never lost interest. I found myself not putting the book down. Be careful not to read this book when you are home alone. The characters kept me wondering and I definitely felt like they were real people that I knew.
I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment